The EsquireX Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct (“Code”) sets forth conduct requirements established by EsquireX, LLC. (“EsquireX”) that govern both use of its website, EsquireX.com (“EsqX”), and all persons who use EsqX (“Member” or “Members”). The purpose of the Code is to foster an interactive community of lawyers with successful outcomes. The Code refers to Members’ conduct both towards other Members, as they collaborate with one another, and towards the clients that are represented. In upholding the principles of the Code, Members need to consider the ways that they provide legal services, the ways that their fellow Members provide legal services, and how Members can best work together. The Code also applies to online discussion spaces, forum pages and social media profiles officially maintained and operated by EsqX on sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn (collectively referred to as the “Sites”).
The following guiding principles should always govern Members’ interactions with other Members and clients, as they engage within the EsquireX:
- Uphold the principles of the Model Rules of Professional Conduct and any additional ethics codes a member has agreed to be bound to by virtue of admission to the bar, as well as their registration and licensing within particular jurisdictions.
- Treat fellow Members with the respect and dignity that Members would expect to receive from others.
- Be honest. Strive to share all of the facts and information necessary to drive successful results. Hiring Lawyers must provide necessary material from case file so that Project lawyer can complete work efficiently. Project lawyers must be forthright with their experience and capabilities.
- Interact with other Members fairly. Provide constructive feedback and be open to receiving feedback.
- Mentor other Members when possible with meaningful and accurate guidance based on real-life experience. Be open-minded and seek mentorship from other Members whenever possible.
- Adhere to the EsquireX’s Terms of Service, which Members have agreed to comply with, and when practical encourage or help other Members to do the same.
- Pursue and promote activities in a manner consistent with all applicable substantive and procedural laws, rules, and regulations.
- Do not engage or encourage others to engage in activity which may be viewed as potentially inconsistent with law.
- Never initiate or take part in any intentional activity that may lead to the risk of attorney disciplinary action or any other civil or criminal process.
- Use EsqX solely for its intended purpose and in support of its mission: Connecting lawyers to the right lawyers to help them achieve their goals.
- Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism in both work and interactions with others.
- Because upholding the Code is vital to the success of the EsquireX and access to EsqX and the Sites’ services is at the sole discretion of EsqX, a violation of the Code may result in appropriate remedial action EsqX retains the right to block, remove, edit or reject postings or suspend access as we deem appropriate.
- If Members have any questions about the Code or believe, in good faith, that another Member may have violated the Code, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The EsquireX has the right to make any decisions and changes involving or related to the Code.
- When communicating with other Members on EsqX never send material which defames, abuses or threatens others. Never make statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive or contain vulgar, obscene or indecent language. Never share unauthorized personal information (names, address, phone number, email, etc.) of other users.
The principles listed above may change from time to time. Thus, the EsquireX recommends and encourages that Members periodically review the Code in order to foster successful outcomes and positive experiences for all Members.
Lawyers, in providing legal advice and representation, have long held the role of trusted advisers. Thus, there are fiduciary duties arising from this role and obligations owed to others, especially the courts. No code can foresee or address every issue or ethical dilemma which may arise. Accordingly, Members must uphold the provisions of the various ethics codes which they are bound to, including this Code.
Important Reminder About Conflicts of Interest
All lawyers are bound to the rules of professional conduct in their states. Issues involving or related to conflicts of interest may arise while hiring a lawyer on either a permanent or temporary basis. When using EsqX to hire one or more lawyers and/or while working with one or more lawyers via EsqX, you, as a Member, acknowledge and agree that IT IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY to ensure your compliance, at all times, with the conflict of interest rules in the state(s) in which you are licensed. As a Member, you agree to do everything reasonably necessary and prudent to ensure your compliance with the conflict of interest rules in the state(s) in which you are licensed.